Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Class

With my real young ones at school this week we are doing some Easter things, because we have another two week vacation starting this weekend and won't get back to school until May. This includes singing "Peter Cottontail" and hopping around the class while doing so and coloring pretty easter eggs. I explained to them what we do in the states and they were shocked at the mention of the Easter Bunny. They have bells in France that three days before Easter stop ringing, go to Rome to the Pope, and come back on Easter Sunday with candy from him. Yup.

At the end of class, I am showing the kids some pictures of my family from last Easter...

like my dad sitting at the pretty table


like my mom & bro cooking together

like the hot air balloon that landed in our yard as we were eating dinner

like my cat, Bojangles, that I put bunny ears on once when I was bored.


The best remark thus far is hands down was one of my 6 year old boys named Andréa who after seeing the picture of my dad at the kitchen table shouted, "C'est une maison des rois!" ((It's a king's house!))

1 comment: