Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1st

I walked into one of my classes today and instead of setting up our calendar, I looked at all 25 of those seven year olds and I told them that we are having an essay test on the history of the United States of America. I told them to get out their pencils.

They did so very promptly and in silence.

After a few moments of them exchanging glances and looking pretty concerned about this exam, I told them that I was kidding because 1. all we have said about the United States is that that's where I'm from and that we speak English there and 2. it was April Fool's Day!

It almost made me cry when they all just took out their pencils right when I said that, ready to take this so called exam at 7 years old.

Happy Fool's Day ya rascals!

2 comments:

  1. Mean - very mean!

    I love it!

    There might just be an The Meanest Teacher of the Week Award for you over at Garlic on Tuesday?

    All the best

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! Yes, it was slightly mean. It only lasted 10 seconds- I couldn't take the expression on their faces. Seven year old little Frenchies! Breaks my heart. :o)

    the best to you as well!

    ReplyDelete