Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oh

dear.


I just woke up and my room is in absolute disarray.  I started packing yesterday.  You'd think it would be no problem as I came here with just two suitcases 10 months ago.

but it is.

how does a human accumulate so many things?

I know.

I had to have posters & candles & tons of post cards to decorate my room and make it cozy.

I bought a parka cause I was freezing in Berlin in December.

I got gifts for some people.

I had to buy plates & all that sort of stuff.

Plus, of course I got scarves in Istanbul, and leather sandals in Greece, etc., etc.

Today is just going to be getting all my stuff together and then I am heading to my French friend Mél's for my last night, half because I have to leave my place today at noon & half because I made her mixed cds and we are going to cry probably.


I am tired but it is easy to get out of bed because my comforter is already packed away with stuff that I am giving away and I am freezing.

Also, France is making it easy to leave.
It has rained the last 4 days, there is no hot water in my building, and my faucet is leaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment