Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beauvais in Spring

I know that my town is no Paris.  I know that there are many other more magnificent parts of France.

But you know what?  I like my little town.  It's home and it's pretty, especially in Spring.  Plus, no one speaks English and I get to legitimately live my life in French- which sometimes gets a little frustrating but is usually rad.

Things I like about where I live...
1.  There is a really legit cathedral at the end of my street that has the highest gothic vault (arched ceiling) in all of the world.


2.  There are medieval looking buildings like this...


3. There are pretty gardens...


4.  that have lamp posts that look like this...


5.  There is a little restaurant that I go to sometimes with a bunch of the friendliest older ladies ever as waitresses.  I took my mom and aunt here when they were visiting and they were gems.  Plus, they have a huge area outside to sit (not to mention a killer chocolate banana tart).


6.  The fact that people's frontyards look like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment