Friday, June 24, 2011

Random Facts #8

1. I bought my ticket and I'm coming home (after a layover in Iceland- ha!) on July 19th.
2.  I am having to send numerous boxes home filled with my things.  This is what happens when you arrive with two full suitcases and buy things along the way. 
3.  This past Tuesday night, I went to Paris for la fête de la musique with Lauren and her adorable mom & sister.  We found the funkiest jazz band near Rue Mouffetard.  It was a lot of fun.  Litter everywhere though- pretty disgraceful.  There is a garbage can, I swear, every 30 feet in Paris, so I don't quite understand.  (Shout out to my environmentally friendly dad who taught me that it is disgusting to litter).  
4.  There is a teacher at school that had me over last Saturday.  She is fantastic!  She, her husband, and I (and their one year old daughter when she wasn't napping) spent 7. SEVEN. hours together.  We had a really intellectual discussion about the American and French education systems.  I think that they want to send the one year old to the US for school.  I warned them about frats & sororities.  Oh, and we drank some good 2005 wine (their favorite year for wine because there was gorgeous weather and the grapes were really sweet).
5.  I gave my older kids a test yesterday on the verbs "to be" and "to have"- some of them finished early and I told them they could do a drawing on the back of their tests until everyone finished.  Tao, one of my really smart ones, drew me, depicted with a dress, a scarf and big earrings.  So dead on.
6.  I am off to a music festival after school today in a forest outside of Paris for the weekend.  We are camping!  My ticket (60 something euros) goes to aids research, which I respect.  More on this little adventure later.  I am ill prepared to camp so it should be funny.

!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment