Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bojangles

If you know me at all, you know that I have a cat named Bojangles.  You also know that I love her probably a little too much.

In 2002, my mom and I were driving on a winding country road near our house in New Jersey.  She told me that a few days ago she had seen a couple kittens in the area, but couldn't find them when she got out of the car.  Well, that day we spotted them and took them home with us because there was no mom in sight and they would've been hit by a car otherwise.  There were two little furball kittens with long beautiful hair and big golden eyes in my mom's light blue mini van (oh, the windstar days).  They were both girls, and we kept one and the other we gave to my mom's friend.  My brother came up with the name Bojangles, and we all thought it was perfect.  Soon though, she would come to have tons of nicknames including Baby, Bo, Mimi, Princess, Moomoo, Bebe, etc.

She is part Maine Coon so she has long hair and tufts coming out of her ears.  She also is part wild cat, which you are reminded of when you take her to the vet.

She sleeps with me every night at home and she is always hanging out in my room when I am around.  I feed her treats and give her spa treatments, which include a foam shampooing, brushing, and of course a gentle ear cleaning with qtips.  Basically, she's completely spoiled.

So, I miss my cat.  Plain and simple.

Well, on Monday when I was skyping with my mom, she whispered "You are never going to believe who just walked in the room".  Yup, Bojangles herself.
She closed the door and brought her up to the camera.  My mom held her furry body and Bojangles just stared at me for a minute.  It was the most adorable thing.

So, yes.  I would possibly fall under the stereotype of "crazy cat lady".

This is me and Bojangles the day before I left.  I think I woke her up for this.


And this is the cutest picture ever taken.



1 comment:

  1. I get it. My dad likes to show me my Lucy every single time we skype...

    ReplyDelete