Tuesday, November 16, 2010

French Plumber

My toilet has been running lately.  When I asked Isabelle downstairs what to do, she came up and turned a random lever behind the toilet and acted like a hero.  That was Friday morning and when I went to brush my teeth later that day, there was no cold water and then the toilet wasn't flushing- and it hit me that I should probably pull that lever back to the right spot.   Well, Isabelle really messed with it because I tried but I couldn't do it (whatta weakling, I know).  So, I had to wait until Monday morning to get Isabelle to undo this little "favor".  Thank god for nice friends who let me shower at their place and for the fact that there are bathrooms downstairs in my building.

So, the plumber is actually in my room right now to fix this for real.  He is an older man with crazy teeth and his young helper.  They are so nice and jolly.  He just came out after 10 minutes and gave me the biggest "Bonne Journée Mademoiselle!" of my life.  Woah!


Two important sidenotes...


1. French toilets are twice as loud as American toilets when they run.
2. It is quite hilarious listening to two people work on a toilet while speaking in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment