Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving.

I will start this by saying that I had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving.

Let me explain.

So, here in Beauvais we have a bunch of Americans and a bunch of British people.  Like a week early, we got a little message thread going for everyone to say what they would be bringing and to determine the time, place, etc.  I claimed carrots (my mom's style, YUM), cranberry sauce (which I was going to make from scratch- none of that funky circle shaped jelly stuff) and gravy (because it's not thanksgiving without it) .

Well, I was a little hesitant as to how things would turn out but OH man.  We had the full spread (besides stuffing. I got over it.)  and it was beautiful how things came together!  We slowly trickled in and the table got more and more crowded with dishes.  I was one of the first because it was taking place in the basement of my building where there is a big kitchen and common area with an enormous table to eat at.

At around eight thirty- all thirteen of us were there.  Lauren brought the handprint turkeys that she did in school with her 4 year olds, and I came up with the idea to use them as place-mats.


I set the table with paper plates and plastic forks and we opened a couple bottles of wine.  We went around the table and said what we were thankful for (a Peterson tradition) and then we started passing.  I said that I was thankful for France, people that I think are cool who are here with me, and my health.  There are of course many other things I am thankful for ---my mom, dad, character of a brother, kitty kats, friends at home, my mom's english tearoom, etc... but I thought it best to keep it short and sweet.

Well, the dinner was delicious.  There were quirky parts like garlic bread, cous-cous & sausages, but there were also really traditional parts like turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes & cranberry sauce , which turned out really awesome.  My secret ingredients were one clementine rind and cinnamon.


This was what I ate for dinner.

  And
This is what I ate for dessert.


That's right.  We had 4 pies- apple, pecan, sweet potato, and pumpkin.

We had the best night together.  I was totally smiling the entire time.

Here's all of us.



2 comments:

  1. I love this entry. I'm so happy you got to celebrate Thanksgiving in France. I wish you were home though...miss you too much.

    p.s. I see some cute booooooyyyyssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you so, so, so, so, much!

    ReplyDelete