Friday, November 12, 2010

Rainy Day

We just got over a 4 day rain spell here in Northern France, which is forecasted to pick back up tomorrow.  Seriously, the weather has been terrible.  Yesterday,  I got up and was talking to my friend Lauren, and I suggested that we should go to the movies.  She agreed.  We both had no school because of Armistice Day (the end of WWI).

So this was my rainy little day...

I hopped in the shower and left my place at around noon because we were grabbing lunch.  On my way, I saw a very elderly French lady battling her umbrella and just screaming as it went inside out and pulled her around.  It was kind of sad but funny.  I was going to help her but she figured it out.  No worries!

We got food at this adorable bakery/ lunch place.  I ate a salad with goat cheese and an onion quiche (because they were out of tuna quiche, which has become my favorite).  It was quite good!  Then Lauren , the queen of the sweet tooth, got a chocolate banana tart for us to share.  WOAH.  That thing was ridiculous.  It was hard chocolate topped with banana slices, with mashed banana in the middle.  ((Meanwhile, there was a HORRENDOUSLY awkward date going on right next to us.  We both agreed that we were so glad to not be a part of it.  They were barely talking, yiiikes.)
After lunch, we went to a bookstore to kill a little time and looked at travel books to Germany because we want to go there for Christmas.  Apparently, out of the top ten Christmas markets/festivals in Europe, about half of them are in Germany.
Then we got soaking wet as we trudged to the movie theatre.  This movie theatre is huge, I think they must play something like 18 movies at a time.  So we along with apparently everyone else that lives in Beauvais got in line.  We saw "Welcome to the Rileys", which was really quite good- thank god being that a ticket was 9 something euros.  It stars James Gandolfini and Kristen Stewart, and it is almost a tearjerker.  It was in English with French subtitles, so there were only like 5 other people in the theatre with us.
It was the second time I have been to a movie theatre in France, the first time was to see "Slumdog Millionaire" in Paris.  I loved that movie, especially the end.  I actually wore a sweet Bollywood costume last year for Halloween that I think was subconsciously because of that movie.



Here is me and Lexy on that very night!  Two reasons I am posting this picture (aside from the fact that it rocks)...
1.  I miss Lexy a lot!  She sent me a wonderful package last week filled with things I love including trashy celebrity magazines, that I can't find here.  Also including a CD of her greatest hits from our radio show, "Petey & Lexy's Idea of Fun".  Greatest hit meaning either one of her favorite songs or one that we ROCKED out to in the studio.
2.  I didn't dress up this Halloween and it still is depressing me.

Ok, I am off to teach 3 classes.  Today we are learning the alphabet, and with my older kids I am going to introduce some classic American tongue twisters.   A little sally sells seashells by the seashore action.
Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment