Sunday, May 22, 2011

Macadam Tambouille

Yesterday, Mélanie & Alex (my lovely French friends) and I went to a circus arts festival called Macadam Tambouille in a small village called Songeons. I loved this happy, outdoorsy, funky, French, let's laugh and relax, & watch entertaining people do their thing type of day. It was refreshing.


The festival was about thirty minutes away in the car, not bad and of course we talked about the latest news about Dominique Strauss-Kahn along the way (the previous head of the IMF and front runner for the 2012 French Presidential election who allegedly sexually assaulted a maid in a Times Square hotel). Yes, heavy stuff. I just keep reminding my French friends & co-workers that although I am from the United States, it was not me who put the handcuffs on him.

Here in small town France, my face = America.

Anyways, this festival was such a good time.
Set in a village with an open park lined with perfectly manicured trees and just funky stuff all over.


We got there around 4pm and we saw a hilarious portrayal of "Blanche Neige et les 7 nains" (Snow White & the 7 dwarfs, bien sûr). Then, we ate some candy and had a beer.
After that, we watched this one man comedian clown act called "Humanus Comicus". It was pretty great.


The last number that we watched was my favorite. It was an Australian lady named "Shirlee Sunflower". Her french was awful and it was absolutely a riot because she recruited "sexy men" to help her do ridiculous and actually pretty impressive stunts who understood basically nothing she was saying. I was dying laughing. She was mispronouncing stuff and being completely inappropriate and was having them repeat stuff in English and it was absurdity. Too, too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment