Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dub Station

This past weekend I ventured south (slightly) to Crépy-en-Valois, Cecilia's town!
I finished up with the kiddies at 4:15 on Friday, packed my bags, and got on a train. At the station, I saw Mélanie, who works downstairs in my building. So, instead of reading my book, we chatted away in French. Although this was much less relaxing than my book, it was great because she is very cool.

I got to Crépy at about 8ish and Cess met me. We made some raviolis and talked about a billion different things going on in our bizarre bubbles in Northern France.
We stayed up talking like we always do, which was grand. The next day, I got up earlier than her and drank the most delicious coffee with some soy milk in it.
That reminds me that I think I want to buy some soy milk. Why is it so good?
...
Saturday during the day, we just hung out because it was gross outside. At one point, I chatted with Pierre Yves, a man living in Cecilia's building who also teaches English. What a gentleman but what a talker. Wow. He was asking what we did the night before and I said talked and he said about what and I said France and Europe and where we want to see still. Then before I knew it he was getting into all the details of some French poet who has a "warm" voice.

Well, the juicy part of my weekend was Saturday night.
I saw a completely different Paris. It consisted of electronic reggae music, dreadlocks, and a big venue called "Trabendo" in the 19th arrondisement.


It's called "Dub Station" and it is an all night reggae dance party that happens once a month.
So, yes. We danced a ton, which I love. The bass was unreal and I came to the conclusion that it was impossible to think of anything else in the world because the music was taking up every inch of your brain.
I met Cecilia's French friends who were all cool and we had a blast.


Plus, I wore my favorite dress!
Even though it probably should have been thrown away years ago, it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment