Monday, February 21, 2011

Hoşçakalın / αντίο

As I have mentioned before, I have been gifted eight weeks of vacation during my nine months of teaching by the French government. Two more of those weeks just started this past weekend, so naturally Cecilia and I are going on a little adventure. This time, to Turkey and Greece.

Wooooo! We leave on a jet plane tomorrow at 2pm from Paris and I am so very excited. First, because I love traveling and I love Cecilia. But also because I have been alone in Beauvais for nearly 3 full days without any friends (everyone has already left, mainly meaning my two closest friends Lauren & Freddy) and I am seriously itching to get out of here.

We are spending 4 nights in Istanbul, 5 nights in Athens, and 2 nights in the Greek Island of Paros.

I plan on seeing very old & beautiful places, going to huge markets, learning some history, eating good food, meeting people that speak languages that sound cool, seeing art and wandering around seaside.

Goodbye!
Or as the Turkish say, Hoşçakalın!
Or as the Greek say, αντίο!
...


(Check out those words- this is going to be innnnnteresting).

No comments:

Post a Comment