Thursday, February 3, 2011

Today's Happenings

Today I taught three classes.

I played tic tac toe to review vocabulary with my really young ones. We flipped a quarter for heads or tails to see which team started. A QUARTER. How authentic am I! It turns out they didn't remember "purple" because they don't even know that color in French yet. Woops.

I read an odd but well illustrated story called, "The Clever Tortoise" to my older kids. It is about a turtle who wants to convince an elephant that it is strong by playing tug of war. So, it runs to the other side of the jungle with the rope and while the elephant thinks it is getting ready to pull- the tortoise finds a hippo and does the same "I'm strong, let me prove it!" thing. It tells the hippo to pull and runs into the jungle where neither one can see it. Then it tells the hippo and the elephant how strong it is when both lose when the rope breaks (because it was actually the hippo vs. the elephant if you didn't catch that). A little out there but the library doesn't have a ton of choices in English.

In fact, they liked it. I did voices.

At the end of the day, as I was leaving. I took part in my very first French bake sale run by authentic mamans françaises. I had une gaufre (waffle meets pancake) with chocolate and whipped cream for 50 centimes. So good.

Now I am off to celebrate with everyone for our friend Dustin's 25th birthday. He is my only friend from Kansas, so he is very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment